How it works:
Every Monday I will publish a TGIM post and invite you to do the same – write about why you can say, “Thank God, It’s Monday!” – on your respective blogs/social media accounts. Share a link to your post in the comments section; then, on my next Monday’s post, I will include the links that you shared so that we can all encourage one another with our happy vibes! Sounds good?
Check out these wonderful ladies who shared their happy thoughts last Monday:
These are a few things that I’m thanking God for today:
1. I’m bracing myself for a busy week!
Last week I got a new assignment for work, and I’m flexing my brain muscles so they can start producing magnificent stuff (haha)… I’m also starting work on two other projects, one of which is in partnership with the hubby — such a big bonus, I know. Plus, we have exciting stuff going on at church this week!
2. The weekend that just passed was another one for the books.
Here are some highlights:
- On Friday, our small group in church had an earnest conversation about addictions, obvious or otherwise. Over the weekend, several of us made commitments to the Lord (with everyone as witness, for accountability) for replacing these addictions, by His grace, with activities/preoccupations that will glorify Him.
- Here were my confession and commitment:
“My addiction that has grown out of bounds over the last months is social media. I am prayerfully committing to cut it down to 15 minutes per day! Replacements: reading God’s word and my dozens of unread books, connecting with people through calls, email, text, and personal messages (not comments and likes!), and writing more. By God’s grace!“
- I witnessed in this same spiritual family, concrete love in action through giving and active prayer.
- I was privileged to listen to a group of children as they talked about aspects of their walk with Jesus, and even their thoughts on how they can help other children walk with Jesus.
- Yesterday we went to Sunday service and were taught a “new word”: “immediatitis,” or the perceived need always to have what one wants immediately. (Reference passages: Luke 4:1-4, 1 Timothy 4:7-8).
- We enjoyed quality time with family for the rest of yesterday morning and the early afternoon.
- As always, God sent us love notes (well until this morning) in the form of timely provision and the support of family.
- We capped the weekend off by celebrating last night the birthday of one of my dearest and oldest friends. Love, love, love!!!
3. Hubby and I got to sleep in this morning.
Of course that means extra hours of work tonight, but still! So thankful for the blessing of home-based work.
So definitely, there’s so much to be thankful for and to look forward to as this week starts grinding. I am both excited for the blessings and, with full dependence on the Lord, ready for whatever challenges may come.
What about you? What reasons do you have to thank God for this Monday? Eager to see your blog links/comments!