Last week I began my research on the candidates for the top posts of the land with this post, followed by this yesterday. Now I am focusing on the candidates’ respective platforms, based on materials/links that I was able to gather online. [Note: if you have access to other related documents, especially those that were officially released by the candidates, kindly post in the comments to improve the helpfulness of this post.]
2. Rody Duterte — Here is the platform outlined in the Duterte-Cayetano campaign website. I also found a short (1-page) document here. I additionally found this video on federalism as espoused by the candidate, as well as this report on the details of his anti-crime plan.
3. Grace Poe — Her 20-point agenda can be found here.
4. Mar Roxas — Here is the official summary of the Roxas-Robredo platform of governance, and here is the comprehensive document. The comprehensive document has annexes: one on OFWs, found here, and another on Human Rights, found here. He explains his platform in detail in this interview.
5. Miriam Santiago — Here is her official Plan of Action.
Below are additional resources:
- What is your presidential candidate’s platform of government?
- What Santiago, Binay, Roxas, Poe told PCCI presidential forum
- 2016 Elections: Top 5 Presidential Candidates’ Platform Guide
May we all take time to study these propositions, taking into consideration viability and how these reflect the candidates’ stand on specific issues.