This is a simple but very satisfying meal, and I’m serving it for dinner tonight!
Here’s the recipe:
- Farfalle (bow-tie pasta), 1/4 kilo
- Fresh shrimps, 1/4 kilo
- Broccoli florets, 1 large head
- Large bell pepper, 1 piece
- Medium-sized zucchini, 1 piece
- Lemon, 1 piece
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Sun-dried tomatoes, 4 pieces (cut into strips)
- Cook the pasta as indicated in the package. Set aside in a strainer to cool and drain off excess water.
- Wash the shrimps thoroughly, peel and devein. Boil for 1 minute, then transfer to a strainer to drain off the excess water.
- Cut the broccoli head to separate the florets.
- Cut the bell pepper and the zucchini into cubes.
- Mix the broccoli florets, bell pepper and zucchini in a bowl. Add about 3 tablespoons of EVOO and sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper. Mix until the oil, salt and pepper are distributed evenly. Transfer the vegetables on a sheet of foil and grill in the oven at 100°C for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Put together the shrimps and the vegetables, squeeze fresh lemon juice and mix.
- Put in the pasta and mix well, adding EVOO, salt and pepper as desired.
- Sprinkle the sun-dried tomatoes on top (optional).
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes 2 servings.
*Note: Every time I said “mix,” I meant with your hands. That always works best in distributing the flavor evenly 🙂